Friday, August 15, 2014

Stop #13 City of Rocks

Every new place I climb at quickly becomes my favorite place to climb. The City of Rocks is literally a city composed of rocks...and you better like rocks a whole lot because there isn't much else around. The tiny town of Almo Idaho is about 15 minutes away and contains one gas station, a general store, a hotel, and a quirky store named Rock City that serves pizza and an excellent selection of beer. Rock City is engineered to serve climbers except for the fact that they WILL NOT make pizza after 7:30pm, so all the late evening climbers are plumb outta luck! Unfortunately I did not take many photos at the city, yes I know I should have but I love being unplugged and so I fell behind. The guys I was climbing with took a few so at some point I'll have access to those.

"Serenity of Solitude" I took this on my way to the City, across the mountains from Jackson in Idaho.

No comments:

Post a Comment